2017 was not my year, which especially sucks because January made it seem like I was going to have an awesome year! I even wrote, “In 2015, I quit my job at Chick-fil-a to get a “grownup” job so I could afford a new car and living on my own. In 2016, I discovered I am gluten intolerant and constantly have to make the grownup decision not to eat the thing I’m not supposed to eat. In 2017, so far, I’m just obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and it’s very nice not to have to be a grownup too much for now! Sometimes, a girl just needs a break from adulting.” Then, all hell broke loose!
- On February 28, after being in the worst pain of my life for a week, I went to the doctor and found out I pulled my sciatic nerve. I didn’t get to do much other than sit and lie down for nearly 6 months!
- On March 21, I applied to move into a brand-new apartment complex with my sister. The next day we were approved to move in on June 1st. Then the date was changed to mid-June. Then, sometime in July, August 1, August 15, for sure by mid-September, no wait, now it’s October… Finally, moved in on November 1st! Seriously, the wait was so ridiculous, even my best friend started to get mad for me!
- On June 22, I felt led to leave the position at work that I had for 2 ½ years and start a new position. 3 months later, I quit my job altogether and went back to Chick-fil-A on September 29. Then, I quit Chick-fil-A on December 29th and am going into 2018 unemployed. There are few things I hate more than change and the unknown and 2017 was nothing but change and the unknown!
- On October 2, the transmission in my car went out, costing $3000. Two months later, on November 30, the battery and alternator on my car went out costing a few more hundred dollars!
But, all was not lost! Even though 2017 often felt like a big pile of crap, a lot of good/great things happened too! The following is a neat list of what my 2017 looked like in between the less than stellar events of the year! Mind you, I cried a lot in 2017, because I’m a stress crier and I don’t know that I’ve ever faced a year as difficult as 2017!
TV Shows I watched
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch (incomplete)
- March 23 – Firefly
- March 27 – Dollhouse
- June 6 – This Is Us (incomplete)
- 9/20 – How I Met Your Mother (incomplete)
- 10/12 – Boy Meets World (incomplete)
- 10/29 – Stranger Things (incomplete)
- 12/18 – Riverdale
- 12/22 Fuller House Season 3b (incomplete)
Books I started
- January – The Selection Coloring Book
- February Jane Austen Books (complete)
- 4/11 – Buffy Coloring Book
- 12/19 – The Selection
- “I want to exude the confidence I feel wearing heels and red lipstick.” – Me
- “Washing blue jeans is risky. It’s like, “When I put these on, will they be 1) snug enough that I feel like can take on anything, because, “Man, I look good!” or 2) So snug that I rethink everything I’ve ever eaten in the past 10 years?” – Me
- “When artists I like go on tour.
Me: I WANNA GO!
5 seconds later: There will be people there. I don’t like people…. staying home it is, then!” – Me
- “If shattering glass was an Olympic sport, then I’d take home the gold.” – Me
- Spencer Hastings: “Cupcakes. Gluten-free. Dairy-free. Sugar-free. Fat-free. Technically, they might not actually exist.”
- Unknown: “Try to live every day like Elle Woods after Warner told her she wasn’t smart enough for Harvard Law School.”
- 12/31 – My Sister/roommate: “Basically, all of our interactions are randomly poking each other.”
New Friends (and important interactions with old friends)
- Kelli Cates
- March 6 – Met Anna-Marie in person!
- 3/19 – Holly moved to Indonesia
- 8/19 – Five years at Compass and friendship with Allie & Holly
- Five years of friendship with Shelby Lilly!
- Abby Stewart
- Ciara and Robert
- 11/8 – Facetimed Holly after not seeing her for 7 months
- 12/30 – Got to see Allie after a year of not seeing her!
My brother and sister-in-love had a baby!
- March 15 – I’m gonna be an aunt!
- June 2 – It’s a Boy!
- November 7 – Anthony James is born!
- December 20 – Aunt Britt and AJ meet!
Celebrity Interactions #AlmostFamous
- Julia Ross liked my comment on Sarah Ross’s Instagram (of Everlife)
- 3/7- Saw the Duggars at the bank in Ak
- 4/5 – Sarah Michelle Gellar liked my tweet!
- 5/24 – Freddie Prinze Jr. liked my tweet!
- 7/27 – Amber Marshall liked my comment on her Instagram post!
- 8/18 – Met Sunny Sweeney after her concert!
- Tiffany Alvord liked several of my tweets and tweeted back several times!
- Hurricane Harvey Relief and seeing RaeLynn perform live!
- February: Started Writing Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction (on hiatus now)
- 3/2 – Started cooking raw chicken and meals in general nearly every day!
- 4/16 – Combined my blogs to have one.
- 4/16 – Started Writing Malachi Gregory
- 4/27 – Blogging is my calling
- 5/29 – Obsessive Hope is live!
- 6/13 – #5 on Reverb Nation Singer Songwriter charts for San Antonio, Tx
- 6/21- First Vlog – “At last; It is Very Good”
- 6/27- Silly as it may be, I was excited to see it rain on one side of my work building, while the sun shone brightly on the other side.
- 8/13 – Isaac, Dinah, and Micah accepted Jesus into their hearts!
- 12/7 – It snowed in San Antonio!!
Total Stats at the End of the Year
- 105 likes
- 112 Followers
- 221 posts
- 30 followers
- 4710 views
- Reverb Nation
- 392 fans
- 11 – Local Singer/Song Writers
- 43 – Regional
- 110 Followers
- 347 Reads in one month
- YouTube—Across three platforms
- 357,359 views
- 316 subscribers
- 100 videos
- YouTube—Obsessive Girl
- 530 music/vlog views
- 254 total subscribers
- 39 music videos/vlog
At the end of the year, I only remembered any of the good things, because I looked through all of my Facebook posts of the year. While a lot of much worse things could have happened in 2017, and I’m grateful they didn’t, a lot of things could have happened a lot more smoothly too! A lot of things could have, and in my mind, should have not happened at all! Now that it’s 2018, I kind of just want to sit at home and sleep until I run out of money, because 2017 left me physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually drained! I need to rest in every sense of the word and I certainly hope 2018 will give me that rest I need!
Happy New Year, everyone! May this year be everything you want it to be as you grab it and claim it as your own!