If truth be told, then I am not happy with tonight’s episode of Pretty Little Liars. I honestly probably would have been happier if Toby, Ezra, or Caleb were A. I don’t care that my suspicions about Jason and Wren were wrong, because I’m actually kind of glad I wasn’t right about them being A. After all the time and energy I’ve put into trying to figure out the mystery, it would have sucked if my original theory was right all along. Let me just count the reasons why I’m not happy with who A is:
1. The mystery suspect is a secret family member, really? Come on! Transgender or not, that’s so overused!
2. CeCe was only in 11 of 142 episodes of Pretty Little Liars and was not in the twenty episodes leading up to this finale.
3. “A” should have been someone who had a personal vendetta against each of the liars—someone like Jenna, Toby, Lucas, or Noel.
4. The whole thing with CeCe and Jason dating was just wrong on so many levels and should not be in a show on a channel with ‘family’ in the title.
5. “A” should have had a motive that we could have suspected before Charles was introduced at the end of season five.
6. CeCe being “A” would have made so much sense on its own if she had just been CeCe and not Charles and maybe had a little more face to fans time in a few more episodes.
7. “A” should have at least been introduced in the first or second season once or twice before actually being A and stealing the game from Mona.
8. If CeCe spent the whole summer with the DiLaurentis family, Kenneth should have at some point at least suspected CeCe of being Charles. Gender Transformation or not, a parent doesn’t just forget their child altogether, especially not to the point that he doesn’t notice you after a long summer together.
9. Speaking of spending a summer with the DiLaurentis family and Jason having a thing with CeCe, Jessica should have made CeCe put an end to things immediately! Seriously, EW! What king of mother, even one as shady and psychotic as Jessica, would let her children date each other?
10. “A” has always been so organized and had everything so well thought out, but to hear CeCe explain her story, you would think everything was just kind of sporadic.
11. As far as the Charles storyline goes just in general, how did Mr. Hastings not know about him when he had the affair with Jessica? Is he lying about that too? Did he know that Jessica had a son who was only a few months old? Or did Jessica lie about that too?
12. I always knew I should have written something specific about CeCe, and that at the end of my last post I should have said, “If it’s not a guy, it’s CeCe,” but I didn’t so I’m also a little mad at myself!
13. (to be continued… if/when I think of more reasons to be upset.)